I get more than a little restless...
Last night, after a party, I came home & lit citronella candles all around me.
Then my iPod & I sat right down in the middle.
I watched as stars gave over to passing clouds & scattered heat lightning.
Music humming through my blood...peace...then,
I had a thought as I quietly relaxed into the humid darkness...
About my second book
The one I've been playing with intermittently for the past couple of years,
While I did "the real work"
(Which I have always considered my first book to be).
It was a key dropped right into my lap.
A key the exact shape to unlock the one struggle I've always had with my storyline.
I had to get up & leave behind the tranquil, solitary moment
To quiet down the wild teeming of my characters' voices.
I picked up the pen
And didn't stop "taking notes for the muse" until almost morning.
So I am going to take an online break...
To follow the threads now being woven into the *end* of this second book.
My summertime restlessness was just
Leading me towards my creative self.
She's been patient while I've gone through these intense LIFE transformations.
But, last night, she showed up again,
Meaning business.
I will be quiet here for a little while...
To free the broken roar lodged in my throat
Creative silence interrupted.
Done.
3 comments:
Whoaaaaaaaaar!
Brilliant. Happy to suffer the silence while you let what needs to come, come. Great stuff.
Good! Go write. (just come back)
;)
Oh...it has been just delicious writing, my dears. I really can't stay away though, so expect an updated post in the next day or two.
Love,
D.
Post a Comment